The ADS1115 are precision analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) with 16 bits of resolution offered in an ultra-small, an MSOP-10 package.
Data are transferred via an I2C-compatible serial interface, four I2C slave addresses can be selected, it operate from a single power supply at 3.3V.
It can be used to detect analog signal and convert it to digital signal.
You can attach a joy stick or other analog sensor such as NTC,temperature, dust sensor and so on.
|Size:||65.0mm x 30.0mm x 18.0mm|
|Analog Input Voltage||GND to VDD|
|PROGRAMMABLE DATA RATE:||8SPS to 860SPS|
|INTERNAL LOW-DRIFT:||VOLTAGE REFERENCE|
|I2C™ INTERFACE:||Pin-Selectable Addresses|
|Channels Number||4 SINGLE-ENDED OR 2 DIFFERENTIAL INPUTS|
|PROGRAMMABLE COMPARATOR||2/3 ~ 16|
|INTERNAL NTC Support||Available|
How to wire up
Just Plug into GPIO with this module.
- NOTE: Please be ware of the No.1 Pin is fit for your GPIO No.1 Pin.
How to get analog data
- All steps are available that we’ve consumed that you have already flashed the newest image file into your TF card, and your RaspberryPi is powered on.
- Modify /boot/config.txt file and add those parameters to enable ADC module’s driver:
sudo vim.tiny /boot/config.txt
device_tree=bcm2710-rpi-3-b.dtb dtparam=i2c_arm=on dtoverlay=ads1015
Save it and reboot your raspberry Pi.
- Python code to use the ADS1015 and ADS1115 analog to digital converters with a Raspberry Pi or BeagleBone black.
- To install the library from source (recommended) run the following commands on a Raspberry Pi or other Debian-based OS system:
sudo apt-get install git build-essential python-dev cd ~ git clone https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Python_ADS1x15.git cd Adafruit_Python_ADS1x15 sudo python setup.py install
- Alternatively you can install from pip with:
sudo pip install adafruit-ads1x15
- Change your work directory to Adafruit_Python_ADS1x15/example as following command:
sudo python simpletest.py
- You will see a chart like following picture:
- Do not panic when you see this picture:
- Remove the jumper from NTC_EN to AIN0, it will be back to normal.
- Question: how to detect this module’s address ?
- Answer: open a terminal and use this command :
i2cdetect -y 1
You will see the address of your ADS1115’s address, by the way, you’d better enable i2c function first.