|Buy from US||Buy from UK||Buy from DE||Buy from IT||Buy from FR||Buy from ES||Buy from JP|
In this project we will connect Robot Car to Wifi and Use an APP to control the car through Internet. This is a typical Internet of Things(IoT) Application.
You must complete lesson 1 (assembling the car) before you continue on with this lesson.
Hardware Installation :
Step 1: Install the smart car basic frame work as per Smart Car Lesson 1 . If you have already completed installation in Lesson 1 , please remove all wires on Osoyoo Uno R3 board
Step 2: Insert to Osoyoo Wifi Shield onto your UNO board
Step 3: Connect SG90 servo motor, OSOYOO MODEL X motor driver module and OSOYOO Wifi Shield as following graph：
Step 4: Connect 5pcs tracking sensor modules with OSOYOO wifi shield as below connection diagram (if you remove the wires on tracking sensor modules, you need to remove the screws on copper pillars)
Step 5: Connect ultrasonic module, buzzer module with OSOYOO Wifi shield as below connection diagram
Step 7: Fix the screws on copper pillars to connect upper chassis to lower chassis (if don’t remove screws on copper pillars, please skip this step)
Step 8: After connected above wires, download a test sketch file from L6 test code. After uploading this file to Arduino and turning on your car, it should move forward ,backward, left turn , right turn and then stop. If the car does not move in above mentioned scenario, please check your wiring
|Download Arduino IDE here:
|7 zip is a free zip
utility that un-zips zip files
|Download 7zip here for free
|Osoyoo Wifi Robot APP||search “Osoyoo Wifi Robot APP” in
Google Play or Apple Store
Step 1) APP installation: you need search “Osoyoo Wifi Robot APP” in Google Play or Apple Store, and then install this APP
Step 2) Please download the library zip file from WiFiEsp-master .Open Arduino IDE ->click Sketch ->Include Library ->Add .ZIP library , then load above zip file into Arduino.
Step 3) Arduino Sketch code Installation:
Osoyoo V2 Robot Car can work in two Wifi modes: STA mode and AP mode. The Arduino sketches for these two modes are different. Let’s explain these two modes one by one
In STA mode, V2 Robot Car will be a client device of your LAN router. You need save the SSID name and password of your LAN router in Arduino sketch.
Once the sketch is running, your router DHCP service will assign an IP address to your robot car and your APP will use this IP address to access your car.
1) Please download STA mode sketch code from v2smartcar-lesson6A . Unzip the file, you will see a folder “v2smartcar-lesson6A”. Open Arduino IDE -> click file -> click Open -> choose code “v2smartcar-lesson6A.ino” in v2smartcar-lesson6A folder, load the code into Arduino
2) You need change the code Line 96 and Line 98 :
char ssid = “YOUR_ROUTER_SSID”; // replace this with your router wifi SSID
char pass = “YOUR_ROUTER_WIFI_PASSWORD”; // replace with your wifi password
4) In this mode, your will see an IP address which is our LAN IP address assigned by my router. Please write down this IP address and click Setting to set up robot IP address and set this IP address to your APP Setting section (no need change default port 80 in APP).
Now your Robot car is connected to your LAN, you can use Mobile phone under same LAN to control the robot car. If your APP is in WAN, you need to go to your Router Control Panel, forward Port 80 to Robot car LAN IP address, then you can use Router IP to control the car. This feature makes our robot car A REAL INTERNET OF THING device
Sometimes we do not have a LAN or Wifi Router. In order to control the car, we need to use AP mode.
When working in AP mode, our robot car itself will become a Wifi Hot Spot. Our cell phone can connect to Robot Car as its wifi client. The IP address of Robot is fixed as 192.168.4.1 and It is not connected to WAN.
1) Please download sketch from following link: v2smartcar-lesson6B. Unzip the file, you will see a folder “v2smartcar-lesson6B”. Open Arduino IDE -> click file -> click Open -> choose code “v2smartcar-lesson6B.ino” in v2smartcar-lesson6B folder, load the code into Arduino
2) Open your Arduino Serial monitor, and you will see a similar result as STA mode. A new Wifi SSID “osoyoo_robot” with IP address 192.168.4.1 will show up in the window. This means your Robot car has a Wifi Hot Spot name “osoyoo_robot” , its IP address is 192.168.4.1
3) Connect your cell phone to “osoyoo_robot” wifi hot_spot, and set IP address as “192.168.4.1” to your APP Setting section
Trun on the car. Now click Setting to set up robot IP address.
In STA mode, you need connect cell phone to the same LAN ssid of your robot car and set IP address same as the Robot IP showed in Arduino Serial Monitor.
In AP mode , you need contact your cell phone to “osoyoo_robot” wifi hot_spot and set IP address as 192.168.4.1
you can click the < > ^ v direction keys to make the car move. Use || pause key to stop the car movement.
If you click Obstacle key, the car will do obstacle avoidance auto driving similar to Lesson 5
If you click Tracking key, the car will do link tracking auto driving similar to lesson 4
Note: F1~F6 are further development functions in the future.
DownLoad Url osoyoo.com