|Buy from US||Buy from UK||Buy from DE||Buy from IT||Buy from FR||Buy from ES||Buy from JP|
In this “Hello World” version lesson, we will install the most important framework in the smart car and program the car to do some simple movements. If you have passed the test movement of this lesson, it means OSOYOO basic board, voltage meter, motor control module, motors, batteries，chassis and wire connections between these parts are all functioning well.
2) Install 4 motors with Metal Motor Holders as follows
3) Install 4 motors on lower car chassis with screw M3*8 (screws in metal motor holder package)
4) Install OSOYOO MODEL X motor driver module to lower car chassis with 4pcs M2.5 plastic screws, plastic pillars and plastic nuts. (Please make sure you install the OSOYOO MODEL X motor driver module in correct direction.)
5) Install voltage meter on low car chassis with 2pcs M2.5 plastic screws, plastic pillars and plastic nuts
6) InstallOSOYOO basic board on upper car chassis with 4pcs M2.5 plastic screws, plastic pillars and plastic nuts. (Please make sure you install the board at the correct side)
7) In these package, there are two kind of battery box. We recommend to install battery box for 18650 batteries. Install this Battery Box on upper chassis with 4pcs M3 x 10 screws and M3 nuts.
To make you can test the car ASAP, we provide a battery box for 9V battery. Please install this Battery Box on upper chassis with 3pcs M2 x 10 screws and M2 nuts.
1) Connect 4 motors to OSOYOO MODEL X motor driver module K1 to K4 sockets as per following graph:
2) Connect Voltage Meter to OSOYOO MODEL X motor driver module with 3pin female to female jumper wires as below connection diagram
3) Connect D6, D7, D8, D9, D11, D12 to OSOYOO MODEL X motor driver module 6 control pins with 6pin female to 6pin male jumper wires as per following graph
When insert/remove this 6-pin plug into Model X 6-pin male socket, please hold the black plastic pin-holder to do operation. Never drag the wires to pull the plug out of the socket, otherwise it will damage the wires.
4） Connect the board, battery box (battery box for 18650 batteries or for 9V battery), and OSOYOO MODEL X motor driver module according below connection diagram
5)Connect upper chassis to lower chassis with five copper pillars and fix copper pillars with 10pcs M3*10 screws and 10pcs M3 rubber rings, then install 4 wheels onto the motors.
Now hardware installation is almost down. Before we install 18650 batteries into the box, we need burn the sample code into board First.
|Download Arduino IDE here:
|7 zip is a free zip
utility that un-zips zip files
|Download 7zip here for free
Step 1: Install latest Arduino IDE (If you have Arduino IDE version after 1.1.16, please skip this step). Download Arduino IDE from https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software?setlang=en , then install the software.
Step 2: Download Lesson One sample code from https://osoyoo.com/driver/v2smartcar-lesson1.zip , unzip the download zip file smartcar-lesson1.zip, you will see a folder called v2smartcar-lesson1.
Step 3: Connect OSOYOO basic board to PC with USB cable, Open Arduin IDE -> click file -> click Open -> choose code “v2smartcar-lesson1.ino” in smartcar-lesson1 folder, load the code into the board. (Notice: Shut off your battery or Unplug your power adapter when upload sketch code to the board.)
Step 4: Choose corresponding board/port for your project, upload the sketch to the board.
1) Recommend 18650 batteries as these batteries can make the car run smoothly.
2) The 18650 batteries we used in lessons are around 65 mm (2.56 inch) long, without an internal protection circuit.
3) Check the box instruction and make sure polar direction is correct, otherwise it can destroy your device and cause fire hazard.
Please install your 18650 batteries in battery box for 18650 as per following instruction:
Disconnect the car from PC, put battery into battery box. When you put the car on the ground and turn on the switch on battery box if you install battery box for 18650, the car should go forward 2 seconds, then go backward 2 seconds, then left turn for 2 seconds, then right turn for 2 seconds, then stop. (If the car does not move as per above mentioned result, you should check your wire connection, battery voltage (must over 7.2v).）
DownLoad Url osoyoo.com