The OSOYOO Magic I/O Shield for Arduino is a powerful board for the beginners. With this Magic board, we can easily connect various sensors and actuators much easier than before. In addition, this extension board has a build-in motor driver chip which allows us to control movements of two pairs of electric motors.
In this lesson, we will show how to assemble a simple robot car and use Mixly to program its movement.
Not much is needed for this lesson, Make sure you have a good quality syncing cable,do not pick a ‘charge only’ USB cable.
1. Remove the protective film from the chassis, then install the motor under the chassis with M3 screws,nuts and rubber rings as follow: (Please install the rubber rings on the chassis)
2. Install the universal wheel with the M3 screws, copper pillars and rubber rings:
3. Install the universal wheel under the chassis with the M3 screws:
4. Install the OSOYOO UNO Board with M3 plastic screws and pillars:
5. Install OSOYOO UNO Board on the chassis with M3 plastic screws:
6. Plug OSOYOO Magic I/O Shield v1.1 into OSOYOO UNO Board as the picture show:
7. Install the wheels:
8. Install the battery box on the chassis with M2 screws and nuts:
9. Connect the components:
Left Motor – L1
Right Motor – R1
IN1 —D12 //K1、K2 motor direction
IN2 —D11 //K1、K2 motor direction
IN3 —D9 //K3、K4 motor direction
IN4 —D10 //K3、K4 motor direction
ENA —D5 // Needs to be a PWM pin to be able to control motor speed ENA
ENB —D6 // Needs to be a PWM pin to be able to control motor speed ENB
After above operations are completed, connect the Arduino board to your computer using the USB cable. The green power LED (labelled PWR) should go on.
Open the Graphical Programming software Mixly and follow the next operations:
The whole program blocks are as following:
After above operations are completed, do as follows:
Disconnect Arduino from PC, put a 9V battery into battery pox(make sure polar direction is correct, otherwise it can destroy your device and cause fire hazard).
Put the car on the ground, press the Motor Power switch on the OSOYOO Magic I/O Shield for Arduino, the car should go forward 2 seconds, then go backward 2 seconds, then right turn for 2 seconds, then left turn for 2 seconds, then stop.
If the car does not move as per above mentioned result, you should check your wire connection, battery voltage(must over 7.2v).
DownLoad Url osoyoo.com